Monday, November 29, 2010

I SURVIVED THANKSGIVING!

It's true. I survived Thanksgiving. I survived 37 dozen cupcakes, in basically three days... and I'm not going to lie.. it was no easy feat. There were times when I thought that I was getting sick (pretty much everyone else in the house was so, I assumed I was next.. and the exhaustion didn't help) -- where I could be seen shotgunning orange juice and any other source of Vitamin C that was left lying around the kitchen. I drank approx. 657 cups of coffee. My husband and children were basically left to starve. And, I was talking about pumpkin and other such things in my sleep. I had other orders on either side of the Thanksgiving mania (both the weekend before and the weekend after) so, I've been busy for 7+ days straight, baking. Hence, the lack of blogging. I adored knocking on doors -- "HI! BABYCAKES ARE HERE!" I felt like an old fashioned delivery girl!
Honestly. The last 24 hours have been spent relaxing, eating, cleaning, napping, eating, and napping some more. I needed it. Enjoyed every second of it... but, now. It's back to work. Time for Christmas flavors, more holiday boxes, Christmas packaging, etc.

I am pretty sure that I will go into the Christmas season a little bit more prepared. I'm allowing myself two days for delivery and pick ups this time around. I am pretty sure that Christmas will be just as busy, if not more so then Thanksgiving, and I'll need the extra day. Therefore, delivery/pick-up for Christmas orders will be the 23rd and 24th (FYI).

I've gotten bright RED boxes for the Christmas season, and am still searching for the perfect ribbon... something that I can make a spectacular bow with. I love the idea of these Holiday Boxes looking like a present. And, everything is going to be finished off with a label that claims -- Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice! Happy Holidays, BABYCAKES!

I've also changed things up a bit when it comes to the Holiday flavors, in honor of Christmas. I've decided on; Winter White -- Vanilla/Vanilla topped with White Sparkling Sugar, Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting, Eggnog with Spiced Latte Frosting, and Candy Cane -- Chocolate with Red and White striped Peppermint Frosting.






No comments:

Post a Comment